Tuesday 1 November 2011

GUI Target

Yesterday I started fresh on the project, and rewritten in C#, its turning out well except for some issues with grenade launching but I am starting to get the drift of the language, and recalling on my Java knowledge that's a bit lost. 


One of the major changes and difficulties have been the Birds eye view camera which is going to be a major feature of the game, the camera is the view you launch bombs from, and after getting the camera switch working I proceeded to the cross hair GUI. As mentioned in the first vid, I wanted to have a fixed camera position and the player shoot from the location of the GUI cross hair that follows the mouse. After a day or so playing around with it, I have been able to get the GUI cross Hair moving with the mouse, not exactly with the mouse but that's a start, there is probably some variable tweaking that needs to be done in the Draw texture function.


But once I get that working, and have the bombs shooting out from that location, the basis of the gameplay features would be complete, being the movement/jumping and the camera switch and bomb launching. Now these are no way finish and have a long road of improvements and feature addition ahead but a start. 


The plan me and my artist decided on the method of development would be to build one level at a time, considering this is a puzzle type game we are going to introduce new game play features over time so its fitting to build each level at a time over creating all the features then building the levels because then we will probably miss on tuning and making each feature more of its own and polished. So I am currently at work on the basics of what would be level 1, which is a very difficult task, I probably will be making level 2 then have to go back an create a more learning environment level 1. 


But I should have a new vid up for when I get the GUI fixed hopefully by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment